Security & Privacy
Your use of this web site and acceptance (by clicking the Acceptance button at the end of this Policy) signifies your consent to us collecting and using personal information about you as specified below in accordance with this Policy. Should we choose to change our Policy for any reason, the changes will be posted here, so that you are always kept informed of how we collect and use your personal information, and when we may disclose it.
How Do We Collect Information About You and How Is It Used?
1. You may provide personal information when communicating with us.
2. You may order a product or a service and give your name, email address, delivery address, credit or debit card number and expiry date so that the order can be processed and your products (or services where appropriate) delivered to you. Sometimes you may be asked for your telephone number.
3. We may collect information about your tastes and preferences both when you tell us what these are and by analysis of customer traffic, including by using cookies.
4. It may be that you provide to us details of credit or debit cards or bank accounts in order to make payments to us. Any such information ("confidential financial information") will be dealt with as described below.
5. We may use personal information collected about you to let you know about functionality changes to our web site or changes to our terms and conditions of use. We also use the information to help us develop the design and layout of our web site to ensure that our sites are as useful and enjoyable as possible.
6. Sometimes we or our affiliated companies might use the personal information collected about you to let you know about, new goods, services or offers that you might find interesting.
7. jprelec.co.uk will not use personal information that it knows to be inaccurate.
We may provide aggregate statistics about our sales, customers, traffic patterns and other site information to third parties, but these statistics will not include any information that could personally identify you.
jprelec.co.uk reserves the right to access and disclose individually identifiable information to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate its systems properly or to protect itself or its users.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
When you input information about yourself or review your account information or order products, jprelec.co.uk uses a third party secure server. The secure server software utilises up to date security procedures and firewalls. Encryption software is used when a user pays for an order by credit card, and the process goes direct (encrypted) to NetBanx Ltd. (visit their site at www.netbanx.com for more detail), who then confirm the transaction to us by email. Therefore neither we nor the company that hosts our site, have access to any details relating to the customer payments or credit card details. In addition, we have strict security procedures covering the storage and disclosure of your information in order to prevent unauthorised access and to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998. This means that sometimes we may ask you for proof of identity before disclosing any personal information to you.
Customer Feedback and Complaints
We welcome your questions and comments about privacy issues and the design of our web site. Should you have such comments or have a complaint about how we are using your personal data or would like your data updating please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to JPR Electronics, Unit 4 Circle Business Centre, Blackburn Road, Dunstable LU5 5DD
A Copy of Your Information
Please note that you are entitled to receive a copy of the information we hold on you for a nominal charge to cover the cost of sending the information. To arrange for a copy to be emailed to you please email us at email@example.com The pages of this web site are subject to copyright © jprelec.co.uk 2002